We have worked hard to improve the building itself. The whole team at the Brighton Centre are committed to seeking out actions that not only reduce the environmental impact of the building, but also reduce costs through reducing utility bills.
Some of our achievements:
- Installing of low energy LED lighting, timers and motion sensors
- Powering the building with 100% renewable electricity for the building and energy consumption has dropped annually for the last three years.
- Providing comprehensive recycling facilities, including recently acquiring a baling machine for recycling cardboard.
- Our onsite catering contractor Kudos holds the international environmental management standard ISO 14001 and they are working towards the Soil Association’s Bronze Catering Mark, meaning they will be able to provide food and drink to high sustainability standards.
- Our cleaning company Nviro holds ISO 14001 and they have a programme in place to monitor and minimise the impact of their operations on the environment
- Installing cycle racks at the front and back of the building
- Replacing old laid carpet with hard wearing carpet tiles that can be individually replaced
- Sourcing live plants in public areas to avoid the need for cut flowers
- Working with local suppliers to provide sustainable event products such as LED exhibition lighting
- Providing TV screens throughout the building, removing the need for excess signage
- Recovering signage rather than replacing it
If you’d like more information or have any questions please contact us on 01273 292671