After taking home two gold awards last year, our caterer KUDOS has truly outdone itself by earning another two for Best Food and Beverage Supplier and Best Conference and Banqueting Staff at this year’s M&IT Awards.
The Awards – organised by Meetings & Incentive Travel magazine – are held every year and are one of the events industry’s biggest celebrations. Over 1,000 guests attended the event at the dynamic Battersea Evolution in London on February 26.
Jon Pryce, Managing Partner of KUDOS, said: “We are truly delighted and thrilled to win these awards once again. The competition remains intense and without the commitment of everyone in the team, winning these awards would not be possible.
“Being awarded gold for Best Food and Beverage Supplier is an incredible achievement. It highlights just how much we have grown as a company over the years to become what we are now – one of the UK’s best caterers.
“Winning the gold award for Best Conference and Banqueting Staff is an equally amazing feat. Our team is one of the best – if not the best – out there and I’m so happy that their hard work and dedication to creating outstanding menus which focus on food provenance and sourcing local produce has paid off.”
The Kudos team are very much a part of the Brighton Centre family and we have been working together for 9 years. We are respected for our food and venue expertise. From corporate hospitality to retail catering, we create creative catering solutions for each of our clients, who we understand, all have different requirements and goals they want to achieve from their events. We have a menu pack to give you some ideas but what we really want to do is hear about your event so we can make the recommendations ideal for the style and ambitions of your event. Our creative manager, our “self confessed foodie” is on hand to come up with innovative ideas from the simple to the wacky, taking trends from across the country and translating them into amazing events.
We understand that each client is different, that’s why every solution we create is bespoke. It’s our way of ensuring that personal touch. We’ve always been a ‘can do’ business with real drive and energy and always will be
Our kitchen team is led by our head chef, Daniel Loader of Kudos, who focuses all of his team on producing the very best food to sit at the heart of your events. Our menus are created to make the most of ingredients from our British land and seas, sourcing local produce when in season and at the peak of their freshness and flavour. We only buy fish that is listed in the Good Fish Guide and comes from sustainable sources and stocks.
We have a commitment to healthy eating. We have pledged to the Healthy Catering Commitment Charter and we have worked hard to eliminate both GM foods and trans fats. We are proud to have reduced fat across all our menus and salt by a massive 50%. Furthermore we are supporters of The Red Tractor certificate, ensuring that from farm to fork we are only sourcing to the highest standard. Our team never stops striving for more, we are currently working with the Soil Association to achieve the Food for Life Catering Mark. It is the only UK-wide food certification scheme that provides a guarantee that food is fresh, seasonal and better for animal welfare, so wish us luck! The Bronze Catering Mark Standards focus on removing harmful additives, trans fats and GM from the menu, and ensuring that the majority of food on the menu is prepared freshly on site.
Bronze Catering Mark Standards:
- No undesirable additives or trans fats
- At least 75% of dishes are freshly prepared from unprocessed ingredients
- Meat is from farms which satisfy UK welfare standards
- Eggs are from cage-free hens
- Menus are seasonal and in-season produce is highlighted
- Catering staff are supported with skills training in fresh food preparation and the Catering Mark
- No GM ingredients are used*
- Free drinking water is prominently available
- No fish is served from the (MCS) ‘fish to avoid’ list
- Information is on display about food provenance
- All suppliers have been verified to ensure they apply appropriate food safety standards
- Caterers in schools and academies, early years and residential care settings and hospitals can demonstrate their compliance with national standards or guidelines on food and nutrition
- Menus provide for all dietary and cultural needs
* this standard cannot guarantee that meat is from animals fed on GM-free feeds, as most non-organic meat, eggs and dairy products come from animals that may be fed on GM animal feed.
For more information please contact us;